Saturday 7 January 2017

Collecting threads

Today's moment of pleasure - the sight of two of the three turbines at Shepham Wind Farm rotating, like great alien beings looming over the Polegate bypass. This, as with all similar developments has been a contentious one. I won't profess to be highly informed on the subject, but it seems to me that renewable energy is one of the most important things we can develop to help our beleaguered planet.

Why was I passing Polegate? On my way to Eastbourne to buy more thread - I can't imagine why :-)  Sketched from memory - I was, after all, driving at the time


Sketched in stitch, over yesterday's frosty ground - very small and irregular, but I know what they are!


Stem stitch blades, French knot centres and a silver thread for the tower

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)