Tuesday 8 September 2020

Further pondering

So I think I’m done stitching, keeping it simple. I rather like this deep green silk as a potential frame for the image

I know I am annoyed at the wrinkles in the underlying calico - shoddy preparation. I can’t iron them out any further because that encourages more bubbling in the organza across the sky, the first layer which I couldn’t avoid when Mistyfusing down.

One notion, once the green silk is attached to the embroidery, would be to mount the whole on a box canvas of appropriate size, wrapping the silk round to the back. The key question now is - wide frame or narrow?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ooooh, hello :-) Still contemplating - I don't want to overwhelm the picture - am somewhere in between the two at the moment xx

      Delete
  2. Wide frame. It always helps to give a piece air to breathe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, still trying out different widths. Thanks for your input - I tend in that direction too

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)