Friday 14 May 2021

Badger developments

Having enjoyed the Becky Hogg mackerel so much, I have now made a good start on her badger kit. With badgers in the garden I couldn't resist him when we did the woodpecker workshop way back when. As with all her kits, he came beautifully presented in a smart cardboard box with each element of the kit packaged separately in paper packets (no plastic anywhere) and full instructions for how to work the project. So far I have just done his body, and then put him to one side to concentrate on that blackwork project our stitch group has been doing, of which more anon. For now, here are some progress pictures.


You can see below that I have tucked my couching stitches just a little too far towards a previous row in one place, so there is a bit of a line along the back, but by the time I noticed I hadn't the heart to unpick. 


The back, with all those strands of silver waiting to be tied down and tidied up


I am so pleased with the progress so far, and looking forward to completing him, hopefully in time for us to take part in the Open Gardens scheme in aid of our local hospice in late June. He can then serve as a talking point for visitors and as a reminder that badgers, who live an a large old sett at the bottom of our garden, dig holes, so to take care when wandering across our "lawn" (we call it a clearing!).


Back to the other stitching which I will report on in a later post. For now, happy stitching 

2 comments:

  1. The tidying up stage is one of the ones I enjoy least with couched metal thread, but the results are splendid, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a fiddle, but so satisfying when the threads are all neatly corralled on the back and you can turn it over and enjoy the play of light on the front. Still more to do but the other stitching is taking my time at the moment.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)