Monday 2 August 2021

Secret Garden

Once upon a time there was this

Polyester voile with paper lamination 2015

and this

New cotton/silk mix. Mandala sample 2017

and this

Vintage cotton sheeting. Pole wrapped shibori 2017

Brought together, would they draw you across a room?

And when you got closer, would you want to see more?

Might they tell you a story?






Or should they be left to go their separate ways, being too much of a muddle all together?

The only stitched element so far is the butterfly, an earlier idea that was rejected. I have not the faintest notion of how I might combine these varied objects with stitch. It is for now, just a muse .....

4 comments:

  1. I'm torn between being completely entranced by the combination, and thinking it's a pity not to see more of the wonderful shibori.

    So I'm no help at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you're a help, words like "entranced" in feedback are always helpful:-) I am still firmly on the shelf with this, mainly because I'm terrified by the thought of doing anything with any of them!! The shibori does deserve to be seen though, however terrifying, and I may have to ponder another background for the top layer

      Delete
  2. The pieces are quite wonderful together or could just as well go their separate ways. The beautiful stitched butterfly is marvelous . I love the room and kept trying to see more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, I shall ponder longer upon it all. In the meantime, you might be amused to know that the "room" is actually a very small garage which holds remnants of family furniture I am steeling myself to part with. It is fitted out for messy textile activities. The furniture, while impractical, does give it a homely feel!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)