Monday 4 April 2022

taking shape

Given my upcoming adventure there won't be any stitching done on this for a couple of weeks, but I think it is doing OK so far. It does require much use of the magnifying light or application of two pairs of glasses depending on time of day and levels of tiredness, but I have high hopes. The male chalk hill blue has varying amounts of "donkey brown" on its wings, which leaves me plenty of room for interpretation, but I am trying to ensure I balance both sides by stitching them in parallel.

But for now it must sit in my study and sun itself until I return from far flung excitements

1 comment:

  1. Given my recollections of donkeys at the seaside, "donkey brown" covers a multitude of possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)