Thursday 15 December 2022

Completed treasure

You'll remember my post about the embroidery which came to me from my dear heart's Bridge partner. Well it is all done and made into a cushion just in time for Christmas. I had to do a bit of adapting as there were centering marks printed top and bottom and at the sides to take into account, hence the side borders here to achieve a square shape.


The fabric was some I just happened to have which does, I think, fit both the colours and the 70's vibe perfectly. 


I am particularly pleased with the piping, for which I had to learn both making a continuous bias strip and how to attach piping to a cushion. It is by no means perfect, I'm avoiding showing you the completed corners, but it was a fun thing to learn about and seems to have worked OK. 

Sadly the hoop ring mark has proved impossible to press out, even with a damp cloth, and is there because the embroidery had been left in its hoop for I don't know how many years - novice embroiderers take note!


It was interesting to complete this; not my usual sort of thing at all, but nonetheless an enjoyable project.

Now I have all the Christmas gifts out of the way, I might just go back to that tambour work which has been waiting for me to finish it since out Caroline Homfray workshop in October. More fun to be had.

2 comments:

  1. That turned out well. As you say, the backing fabric fits in perfectly, both in colour and in "atmosphere" - very well done indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel, I was very happy once it was done. I do hope the recipient enjoys seeing her mother's work all finished and "framed", and that her small but mischievous cat is discouraged from paying it attention!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments, it's always a pleasure to know people have found my little corner of the webiverse. Don't forget to "prove you're not a robot"; so I can see your comment :-)